Weird issue with file permissions

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Sat Jul 2 03:23:40 GMT 2022

> That way I'm sure I won't have any surprises with permissions when working in
> /cygdrive/g/cygwin.  Do you want to try that and see if it makes a difference?

I have no problems with /cygdrive/g/cygwin -- my socket file gets created there with proper
permissions and reported so, too (both fstat and stat).

I have problems with the socket file that gets created under any subdirectory of that
directory IFF that subdirectory was created from under Cygwin (!) -- like with a shell command.
Creating the socket file in a subdirectory created by Windows works!  Isn't that weird?

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI