Cygwin/X display scaling corrupting font display of typed characters;

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Sun Jan 23 20:25:44 GMT 2022

On 2022/01/21 10:26, L A Walsh wrote:

To summarize, I am not sure that the original issue
has anything to do with 2nd monitor,
nor any changes in the Xorg-sources.

In _my_ case it was a matter of how the Xserver was
started, and what dpi settings it was started with.

If server was started with incorrect dpi settings, it
would cause problems with some Xclients having mangled or
trunated characters at the bottom of their windows.

For me, it was a matter of ensuring that my modified
startX script was called instead of the stock script, as
my modified script checks the windows DPI setting on startup.

That said -- on Win10 it could be further complicated
by having multiple monitors with different dpi settings.  I seem
to remember win10 having some provision for attaching a
different DPI value to different monitors.

That's likely to create a problem in 'X', since AFAIK,
X hasn't been enhanced to allow different DPI values on
different "screens".