[ANNOUNCEMENT] gdb 11.2-1 (TEST)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Jan 19 09:39:11 GMT 2022

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:57:26 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> * Use cygwin pgid if inferior is a cygwin process (Takashi Yano)
>    Addresses: https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-January/247640.html

I confirmed that the followigin problem is fixed in this TEST
version.

> 1) Install coreutils-debuginfo package.
> 2) Run "gdb cat" in console (command prompt), not in mintty.
> 3) Enter "start" in gdb.
> 4) Enter "cont" in gdb.
>
> This results in:
> /usr/bin/cat: -: Input/output error

Thanks.

However, I noticed another problem in signal handling.

Even with the following setting (by default),
(gdb) info signal SIGINT
Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
SIGINT        Yes       Yes     No              Interrupt

inferior receives SIGINT when Ctrl-C is pressed.
Due to this behaviour, inferior cannot be continued
by 'cont' command after Ctrl-C. Is this the known issue?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>