python-numpy (1.22.0-1) can't be imported

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:55:54 GMT 2022

On 14.01.2022 03:04, airplanemath via Cygwin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12 2022, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>
>> On 12.01.2022 12:47, ggl329 wrote:
>>> Hi Marco,
>>> I upgraded python39-numpy to 1.22.0-1, and failed to import numpy.
>>> It seems that mtrand.cpython-39-x86_64-cygwin.dll does not have
>>> PyInit_mtrand.
>>> Could you check if numpy can be imported in your environment?
>>>

>> working on it.
>> In theory I have not changed the build between the two versions
>> but there was a patch in 1.19.4-1 for similar issue.
>>
>> Regards
>> Marco
>
> I have the same problems with the distribution NumPy package, but I can
> use a locally-compiled NumPy with no patches.  It doesn't look like your
> build has any patches either:
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fpython-numpy-src%2Fpython-numpy-1.22.0-1-src&grep=numpy
> so that's fun.
>
> Out of curiousity, what options are you passing for cpu-baseline and
> cpu-dispatch?
> https://numpy.org/devdocs/reference/simd/build-options.html
> I don't see the newest cygport in the Cygwin package repository.

I have not found the root cause yet.
As the  1.21.4-1 imports correctly I removed the 1.22.0-1 until I solve
the issue.

I do not see anything obvious in upstream source between 1.21.4 and
1.22.0 that gives me any hint on root cause.

Also 1.22.1 shows the same problem.
I excluded the build chain as rebuilding 1.19.4 worked fine
for all 3.6 to 3.9

Regards
Marco