[EXTERNAL] Re: svn crashes when connection to server refused

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:15:03 GMT 2022

On 18.01.2022 03:03, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>> Subversion seems to have along list of upstream issues
>>
>> can you check if the issue was already noted and solved upstream ?
>> If so I can deploy a new release.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion!
>
> Looks like 1.14.1 dated Feb 2021 is the latest official release, per their website;
> and that's what we have in Cygwin.
>
> I also tried to check out and build it right from the repository, but there were some
> issues....  Once finally built I got an error message that the https:// scheme wasn’t
> supported.  I guess I missed some configuration peculiarities for Cygwin (but also,
> I noticed that for some reason the source code treats Cygwin as Windows -- particularly
> how the pathname is assumed to have the drive letters, and that is really baffling --
> so I am not exactly sure what was meant by that by the SVN developers).
>
> Anton Lavrentiev
> Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI

you can rebuild with the same Cygwin setting and patches reusing the
content of the cygwin source packages. You can use Setup to download it.
It should appear under /usr/src.

You will need to install the package cygport to replicate the build

There is large manual to understand the script settings in
usr/share/doc/cygport/html/manual/toc_index.html