svn crashes when connection to server refused

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:51:50 GMT 2022

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 11:55 PM Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
via Cygwin  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Before I go ahead and try to submit this as a bug report with the Apache Subversion project, I wanted to ask
> if anybody experiences the same issue as me (or, maybe it's a Cygwin issue, not svn's)...
>
> I use svn at home on Cygwin via a tunneled connection to my SVN server at work, so when the tunnel is
> not up (and basically, svn connects to localhost:SVN-port and supposedly receives "connection refused"),
> it crashes ungracefully with SEGFAULT leaving the repo locked ("svn cleanup" is required).  When the tunnel
> is up, everything goes well.  Also, I could not reproduce any such behavior at work, because the server there
> is readily available, so the connection always succeeds.
>
> It's not new, but it reached a tipping point, and I would rather try to have it fixed.
>
> So this is how it looks like when the tunnel is down:
>
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.14.1 (r1886195)
>    compiled Feb 12 2021, 17:58:10 on x86_64-unknown-cygwin
> $ svn up
> Updating '.':
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Subversion seems to have along list of upstream issues

can you check if the issue was already noted and solved upstream ?
If so I can deploy a new release.

Regards
Marco