newcomer issues when packaging biosig,stimfit, etc.

Alois Schlögl alois.schloegl@gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:34:22 GMT 2022

Dear Cygwin community,

I intend to package Stimfit [1] and Biosig [2] (and perhaps
libb64,libbiosig,sigviewer) for cygwin. The packages are already
available in Debian, but when trying to package them for cygwin, I run
into some difficulties.
I read the documentation [3-5], but I got stuck, and I'd appreciate your
help on this. Attached are my current versions of  *.cygports and *.hint
files

When trying to build them with cygport I run into these difficulties:

$ cygport libb64.cygport all
 >>> Preparing libb64-1.2.1-1.x86_64
 >>> Unpacking source libb64-1.2.1.zip
 >>> Preparing working source directory
 >>> Compiling libb64-1.2.1-1.x86_64
*** ERROR: Could not find configure.ac or configure.in

libb64 does not require running configure, the Makefile is already
available and a simple "make" command would do.
How can I specifiy this in the libb64.cygport file ?

"cygport biosig.cygport all"
config.status: creating biosig4c++/tcl/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
make: *** No rule to make target 'Makefile.in', needed by 'Makefile'.  Stop.
*** ERROR: make failed

Makefile.in is in the sources, why do I see this error when trying to
build it with cygport ?

Attached are also stimfit.cygport and sigviewer.cygport, they require
libbiosig, and are most likely incomplete. If you have suggestions to
make it work, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Alois

[1] https://github.com/neurodroid/stimfit