Unable to open the clipboard

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:29:54 GMT 2022

On 04.01.2022 19:08, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 04.01.2022 06:15, Mark Geisert wrote:
>> Mark Geisert wrote:
>>> I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with -7 or the more recent
>>> -8 test version.  I suppose you might try -8 and see if it helps.
>>> Puzzling...
>>
>> Sorry, the {put,get}clip.exe are in cygutils-extra package.  But -8 is
>> correct.
>>
>> ..mark
>>

> Thanks Mark,
> -8 seems to work fine.

Hi Mark,
just found another issue

$ putclip < Announce_octave
Aborted (core dumped)

It seems caused by the longest line (86 characters)

$ cat Announce_octave  | putclip
Aborted (core dumped)

$ cat Announce_octave | sed -e "/html$/ d" | putclip

of course the Clipboard is fine

$ cat Announce_octave  > /dev/clipboard