Re: dos2unix: Failed to change the permissions of temporary output file …: Permission denied

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Jan 2 10:05:30 GMT 2022

Greetings, Brian Inglis!

> Maybe show us a standalone script command line execution, script
> execution trace (like -xv), failing command line expansion, failure
> messages, Cygwin permissions of relevant components, and Cygwin
> installation status of all the components (or cygcheck -hrsv log).

> I don't know what Localization.lua is and showing Windows perms of it
> has to do with anything you described, but it looks like it may no
> longer have Cygwin perms, so maybe fill in some blanks here also.

Filling the last blank: downgrading to Cygwin 3.2.0 resolved the problem.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...