[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: wget 1.21.3
Cygwin wget Maintainer
Mon Feb 28 17:05:10 GMT 2022
The following packages have been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* wget 1.21.3
GNU Wget is a file retrieval utility which can use the HTTP, HTTPS, or
FTP protocols. Wget features include the ability to work in the
background while you're logged out, recursive retrieval of directories,
file name wildcard matching, remote file timestamp storage and
comparison, use of Rest with FTP servers and Range with HTTP servers to
retrieve files over slow or unstable connections, support for Proxy
servers, and configurability.
For more information, please see the project home page:
This minor release fixes some output and build issues.
This will be the last release of wget, unless more high priority
patches are required.
Future development will be against the successor project wget2.
For more details, please see the release notice or below:
Noteworthy changes in release 1.21.3 (2022-02-26)
* Fix computation of total bytes downloaded during FTP transfers
* Add option to select TLS 1.3 on the command line
* Fix HSTS build issues on some 64-bit big-endian systems
* Hide password during status report in --no-verbose
* Remove a spurious print statement that showed up even during --quiet
* Some more cleanups and bug-fixes
More information about the Cygwin