python37-requests package does depends on charset_normalizer or chardet

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan sharuzzaman@gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:40:01 GMT 2022

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 10:58 PM Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 06:56:46PM +0800, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 6:37 PM Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
> > <sharuzzaman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Cygwin package manager.
> > >
> > > I'm on my new laptop, and installing packages as necessary.
> > >
> > > After installing python37-requests, my program raised an exception like this:
> > >
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "get_header.py", line 1, in <module>
> > >     import requests
> > >   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line
> > > 100, in <module>
> > >     check_compatibility(urllib3.__version__, chardet_version,
> > > charset_normalizer_version)
> > >   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line
> > > 85, in check_compatibility
> > >     raise Exception("You need either charset_normalizer or chardet installed")
> > > Exception: You need either charset_normalizer or chardet installed
> > >
> > > I did not see python37-requests depends or pulling in
> > > charset_normalizer or chardet during installation. Is that
> > > intentional?
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> >

> > Installing python37-chardet manually clears the exception, but not
> > solving the initial issue.
>
> It looks to me as though python37-requests correctly lists a dependency
> on python37-chardet in Cygwin's setup.ini.  Can you please provide the
> setup.log.full file from when you installed python37-requests, as well
> as the cygcheck output per the link below?
>
> > Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html

Hi Adam.

Attached is the setup log that is relevant to the time I install
python37-requests.

The setup.log.full contains the python37-chardet info, but not
python37-requests.

Also attached is the cygcheck.out file

If you want to have the python37-requests setup.log.full, I can redo
the installation and capture it.

Thank you

--
Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan