autoconf tests for iconv fail with undefined refs

Sat Feb 19 17:11:06 GMT 2022

On 2022-02-18 22:26, Lemures Lemniscati wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:33:30 -0700, Brian Inglis
>> Any idea why autoconf tests for iconv now fail with undefined refs to iconv{_open,,_close}! STC attached, log, -E output. Tried also with -l iconv.

> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?srcpkg=playground&id=3861
> This will successfully build libisocodes-1.2.4 but some tests fail.

Thanks Lem,

Not so worried about that, just noticed that iconv conftest also failed
in my recent findutils build which I released, missing libiconv
functions and presumably substituting gnulib functions, although the
iconv conftest passed in github scallywag.
This may be the result of a change in gnulib or autoconf, which now
sometimes fails when it should not.