sshd

Russell VT russellvt@gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 06:30:55 GMT 2022

Note that port 5972 isn't *really* what you want, as that's arbitrary...
but port 22.

Check the Windows firewall, as was already suggested (highly suspect, if
you just timeout when trying to connect).

If you try rebuilding what you did under Windows, you're likely going to
want to look at *cygserver* and *cygrunsrv*, and NOT directly at sshd. It's
in /usr/sbin, generally.

Something like:

$ cygrunsrv --list
cygsshd

$ cygrunsrv --query cygsshd
Service             : cygsshd
Display name        : CYGWIN cygsshd
Current State       : Stopped
Command             : /usr/sbin/sshd -D

You might also look to the Windows System Utilities / Sysinternals
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/> (optional download), and
the "Process Explorer" for more detailed Windows information at the tips of
your fingers. They update every month or two, and are worth keeping
"reasonably up to date." There's a plethora of Windows troubleshooting
tools, and some fun stuff as-well.

Cheers -
Russell

Russell M. Van Tassell <russellvt@gmail.com>