sshd

Ernie Rael err@raelity.com
Sun Feb 13 02:25:48 GMT 2022

Hi all,

I set up cygwin several years ago and have only had one system at home.
I've recently got a 2nd, linux.

I've used ssh locally under cygwin, primarily to get a term for a use
with admin priv. And I can ssh from cygwin to the linux machine. On
cygwin I see

    $ ps -ef |grep sshd
    cyg_serv     255     254 ?          Feb  1 /usr/sbin/sshd

But ssh from linux to cygwin hangs (finally times out). Ping works linux
--> windows.

I must have run ssh-host-config way back when. Can I just run it again?

Suggestions for something else to try and/or triage the problem?

-ernie