Setup 2.917 fails to load mirror list

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Feb 9 11:11:22 GMT 2022

On 08/02/2022 18:09, Vanda Vodkamilkevich wrote:
> Hi,
> When behind a (corporate) proxy the mirror list is apparently fetched
> without using the proxy configuration. This can only be seen in a fresh
> install, I tried with 2.908 and it worked then the new version can use the

Only appearing on a fresh install makes sense, as a failure to fetch the
mirror list is silent is we have a cached mirror list data.

> cached file...
> I'll try to add the logs provided by '-v' but it's complicated to get them
> out of my corporate network.
> I can't debug more precisely as I have to reinstall my complete cygwin tree
> before :-(

This is puzzling, since I don't see any changes which could cause this.

It might be helpful to bisect which version the problem first appears
in.  Old setup versions are available at [1].

[1] https://cygwin.com/setup/