cygpath not doing anything on a fresh install

Antonio Petrelli antonio.petrelli@gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:04:27 GMT 2022

Il giorno mar 8 feb 2022 alle ore 15:57 Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> ha
scritto:

> On 2/8/2022 9:37 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> > Il giorno mar 8 feb 2022 alle ore 15:30 marco atzeri <
> marco.atzeri@gmail.com>
> > ha scritto:
> >> check if strace give some hints
> >>
> >>    strace -o /tmp/strace.txt /usr/bin/cygpath --help
> >>

> > The result is here:
> > https://pastebin.com/n56RTAiu
>
> This looks suspicious:
>
> Process 2480 loaded C:\Program Files\SentinelOne\Sentinel Agent
> 21.7.4.1043\InProcessClient64.dll at 00007ffb7c940000
>
> I suspect that SentinelOne is interfering with Cygwin (see
> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda).  Can you disable it or
> at
> least exclude the Cygwin directory from whatever it does?

No I can't, at least not immediately, it's controlled by the corporate.
I think that SentinelOne can be safely put in the list of interfering
software :-(

Thanks anyway
Antonio