cygpath not doing anything on a fresh install

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:19:22 GMT 2022

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 3:06 PM Antonio Petrelli wrote:

> Il giorno mar 8 feb 2022 alle ore 13:35 Andrey Repin
> ha scritto:
>
> > > I just installed cygwin on my Windows 10 laptop.
> > > I need to use the cygpath utility and it simply does not do anything,
> > even
> > > cygpath --help
> > > does anything.
> >
> > > What should I do?
> >
> > Make sure cygwin1.dll is there. Some "antivirus" may have eaten it.
> >

> It's there AFAIK, I see it in the C:\cygwin64\bin directory. Is that right?
>
> Thanks
> Antonio

check that is the last version

ls -l /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
-rwxr-xr-x 1 matzeri Domain Users 3554998 Jan 31 20:37 /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll

if you updated with a process still running it maybe not the last one