Cygwin latest: grep and other self-compiled Cygwin-programs are crashing

Mario Mario.mattl2@inode.at mario.mattl2@inode.at
Mon Feb 7 20:33:11 GMT 2022

Hello,

With the latest Cygwin-DLL and C/C++ developer packages I am experiencing issues to run self-compiled programs.
I prepared an example using the grep-Package

grep-3.7-2 from your GIT-repo
and compiled using "cygport"

The linked binary grep.exe crashes

It appears to me that there is an issue with threading. Building grep without thread-usage makes it runnable.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any usable stack-trace.

Maybe the newer binutils require additional compiler flags, those haven't been provided yet?

Thanks.

BR Mario Mattl