[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: man-db-2.10.0-1

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Mon Feb 7 18:58:21 GMT 2022

Greetings, Achim Gratz!

…

> In order to create the database directly via setup, please install the
> man-db-create-index package.

I've checked the database creation out of pure curiosity and it seems there's
more than one issue with the process.

1. Running script from the setup postinstall process causes errors like

/usr/bin/mandb: can't update index cache /var/cache/man/1384: No such file or directory
(the full log attached)

2. Manually forcing database creation with `mandb --create` causes multiple
compilation errors to pop up (log attached)

Errors like
mandb: can't open /usr/share/man/vim.1: No such file or directory
mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/ex.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request

Can somebody help me and explain, what's going on?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...