Long lines in posts to this mailing list

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Wed Dec 14 11:10:15 GMT 2022

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 10:53:47AM +0000, Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:
> What causes long lines without word wrap in posts to this list (such as the immediately preceding
> "gcc v.11.3.0 failing") and how can they be avoided?
> (They are very inconvenient - sorry!)

This is entirely down to your email client.  The Cygwin mailing list
won't be doing anything to change how text is wrapped.  You'll need to
either configure your mail client to properly wrap plain text emails, or
switch to a mail client that has that configuration (or does it sensibly
by default).

Personally, I like Neomutt, but there are *lots* of other options.