Creating the sqlite3.exe stand-alone w/o cygwin dependency

Michael Soegtrop MSoegtrop@yahoo.de
Sun Dec 11 10:23:21 GMT 2022

Hi José,

did you try copying the MinGW DLLs as I suggested?

You find them in folder
"<cygroot>\usr\x86_64-w64-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin" and as I said
"ldd" will tell you which ones you need. As a test you can also simply
copy all of them to your bin folder, but it might be many (I have 85
DLLs in this folder, it depends on which MinGW libraries you installed
in cygwin).

I didn't do this for sqlite, but for quite a number of open source
executables and this always worked since years. I would say this is the
recommended way of doing it.

Static linking is also an option, but typically not well supported by
the build systems. Also note that the distribution of a statically
linked executable in many cases violates open source licenses, but doing
this just for yourself is OK.

Best regards,

Michael