New to cygwin list. How to request or assist with a package update?

bzs@theworld.com bzs@theworld.com
Thu Dec 1 03:43:55 GMT 2022

FWIW this has come up on World since more or less the beginning and
our policy thus far has been to consider an account name permanently
in use even if the underlying account has been closed.

One big problem here is that getting someone's email is enough to, for
example, steal domains they may own. Just ask for a password reset be
sent to the email address on file.

On November 27, 2022 at 15:16 adam@dinwoodie.org (Adam Dinwoodie) wrote:
 > On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 01:03:27PM -0500, Mark Murawski wrote:
 > > Hi!
 > >

 > > What would the best way to go about getting an updated build of a specific
 > > package?
 > >
 > > Right now I'm particularly interested in getting the latest version of
 > > terminator.
 > >

 > > Terminator Terminal Package:
 > >
 > > Latest in Debian: 2.1.2-1
 > >
 > > Latest in cygwin: 0.98-1
 >
 > The maintainer for Terminator, Mike DePaulo, hasn't been active on the
 > Cygwin mailing lists for some time, as best I can tell; someone else was
 > asking similar questions at [0], for example.
 >
 > [0]: https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2022-March/251047.html
 >
 > If you're interested in creating an updated package, either as a one-off
 > or by adopting the package and maintaining it going forward, I'd suggest
 > taking a look at the package maintainer instructions at [1], which
 > should hopefully give you pointers about how to get started with
 > building and packaging things for Cygwin.
 >
 > [1]: https://cygwin.com/packages.html
 >
 > --
 > Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
 > FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/