ca-certificates postinstall permission denied error

Markus Hansmair markus+cygwin@zendro.de
Mon Aug 29 09:36:14 GMT 2022

Hello,

may I chime in...

I had the very same issue. In an enterprise environment I'm forced to do

setup --no-admin --no-desktop

Am 26.08.22 um 08:28 schrieb ASSI:
> Can you try if these patches fiy your issue (if you havent installed
> ca-certificates-letsencrypt then obviously the second one will not
> apply)?
>
> [...]

I applied this patch and can confirm that the error message has gone. I
ran the script as follows:

1. Started cmd.exe

2. set PATH=C:\<path-to-cygwin-installation>\bin;%PATH%

3. C:\<path-to-cygwin-installation>\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
"/etc/postinstall/ca-certificates.sh"

Step 3 is one line and was logged by the setup program before it
reported "abnormal exit: exit code=1"

Sorry, I cannot tell anything about ca-certificates-letsencrypt.sh as
the corresponding package has not been installed.

Kind regards

Markus Hansmair