setup 2.921 release candidate - please test
Sun Aug 28 14:14:56 GMT 2022
A new setup release candidate is available at:
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.921.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.921.x86.exe (32 bit version)
Please test, and report any problems here.
This is not the place for setup feature requests.
Changes compared to 2.919:
- Add perpetual support for preremove scripts (thanks to Christian Franke)
- Major update to libsolv (from 0.6.29 to 0.7.22). Fix a crash this causes.
- Allow packages to be marked as 'self-destruct'
- Add new option --no-write-registry, which inhibits recording the
installation root directory in the registry, which may be useful for
portable or temporary installs (thanks to Christian Franke)
- Various fixes around "All Users/"Just For Me" (thanks to Christian
Franke for investigating these problems)
-- Fix a long-standing bug (since 2012), where installed files are owned
by the user's primary group, rather than the Adminstrators group, when
installing for "All Users".
-- We no longer change group back to the user's primary group while
running postinstall scripts, when installing for "All Users". This was
only for the benefit of mkgroup/mkpasswd being run by the postinstall
script, which we don't do any more.
-- Fix "Just For Me" being ignored, when run with Admininstrator privileges
-- Fix "All Users" being selectable but basically ineffectual, when not
run with Admininstrator privileges
- Add view modes "Removable" and "Unneeded" (thanks to Christian Franke)
- Add Ctrl-I/R/U as keyboard accelerators for
install/reinstall/uninstall in the package chooser (thanks to Christian
For instructions on obtaining and building the source code for setup,
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
More information about the Cygwin