[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: tzcode, tzdata 2022c
Cygwin tzcode/tzdata Maintainer
Sat Aug 20 16:04:38 GMT 2022
The following packages have been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* tzcode 2022c
* tzdata 2022c
The Time Zone Database (often called tz, tzdb, or zoneinfo) contains
data that represents the history of local time for many locations around
the world, and supports conversion of UTC time to local time at those
locations to allow display of those local times. It is updated
periodically to reflect changes made by political bodies to daylight
saving (summer time) rules, UTC offsets, and time zone boundaries.
The tzcode package provides the tzselect, zdump, and zic utilities.
For more details on changes, please see the announcement or below:
Release 2022c 2022-08-15 17:47:18 -0700
* Work around awk bug in FreeBSD, macOS, etc.
* Improve tzselect on intercontinental Zones.
Changes to code
* Work around a bug in onetrueawk that broke commands like
'make traditional_tarballs' on FreeBSD, macOS, etc.
* Add code to tzselect that uses experimental structured comments in
zone1970.tab to clarify whether Zones like Africa/Abidjan and
Europe/Istanbul cross continent or ocean boundaries.
* Fix bug with 'zic -d /a/b/c' when /a is unwritable but the
directory /a/b already exists.
* Remove zoneinfo2tdf.pl, as it was unused and triggered false
malware alarms on some email servers.
More information about the Cygwin