cygdll 3.3.4 breaks cygpath.exe. mistyped commands result in fork bomb

matthew patton pattonme@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 00:22:09 GMT 2022

I had to revert to 3.3.3-1 to restore functionality.with 3.3.4 invoking cygpath would cause an Access Violation Exception (0x05) and kill the thread so that I couldn't even do a 'cygpath --help'

All of a sudden I also am experiencing fork bombs if I type an invalid command. eg. type 'l' instead of 'ls' and ENTER, it spawns hundreds of 'bash.exe' processes. A half dozen 'pkill -9 bash.exe' heads off calamity.
  "In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought.”  -- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

“Ours may become the first civilization destroyed, not by the power of our enemies, but by the ignorance of our teachers and the dangerous nonsense they are teaching our children. In an age of artificial intelligence, they are creating artificial stupidity.' - Thomas Sowell