error: CYGWIN_NT-10.0-x86_64 is not supported (yet?) on Windows 10

John Balkunas johnbalkunas@outlook.com
Sun Apr 24 14:02:38 GMT 2022

Hello,

I installed Cywin64 Terminal so that I can compile chrony-4.2 for use with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I used the Cygwin Setup program/installer named setup-x86_64.exe for 64 bit Windows.  The install appeared to go well.  After the install, from within the Cywin64 Terminal, I see the following 3 results:

Command: "cygcheck -V"
Result:
cygcheck (cygwin) 3.3.4
System Checker for Cygwin
Copyright (C) 1998 - 2022 Cygwin Authors
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Command: "gcc --version"
Result:
gcc (GCC) 11.2.0
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Command: "g++ --version"
Result:
g++ (GCC) 11.2.0
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Thus, this leads me to think everything is ready to go on my Win10 machine for compiling.  However, when I switch to the directory I unpacked the chrony-4.2 to and run the "./configure" command (I used no switches) from within the Cygwin64 Terminal I see the following:

Command: "./configure"
Result:
error: CYGWIN_NT-10.0-x86_64 is not supported (yet?)

I have tried searching for this error (was really hard trying to go through the Cygwin web archives) and haven't seen it discussed.  I am pretty computer literate, but at this juncture I'm not sure how to proceed.  I've compiled a few programs before (from within Linux), have done some programming in the past, but am in no way "comfortable" or that knowledgeable about it and am officially stuck.

ANY responses would likely be appreciated.  Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions/clues!