Deadlock of the process tree when running make

Alexey Izbyshev izbyshev@ispras.ru
Mon Apr 11 15:28:41 GMT 2022

On 2022-04-11 08:23, Jeremy Drake wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022, Alexey Izbyshev wrote:
>> I don't have mintty because "make" is run via an SSH session. I
>> suppose
>> I should look into sshd in this case?

> Sshd wouldn't happen to be running as a service, would it?

> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/2022q2/011867.html

(I've noticed your message in the mailing list archive, please add me to
CC on replying, I'm not subscribed)

Yes, sshd is running as a service, but I'm not sure that patch is
relevant. In my case, the problematic pipe that the hanging conhost.exe
is waiting on is probably created for that specific conhost.exe process
within the process tree rooted at "make", which runs as an ordinary
user. Also, wouldn't the hang be deterministic if the problem were in
the pipe ownership?

Alexey