Deadlock of the process tree when running make

Alexey Izbyshev izbyshev@ispras.ru
Sat Apr 9 11:00:59 GMT 2022

On 2022-04-09 13:17, Takashi Yano wrote:

> Attaching gdb to the hanging process and dumping stack by 'bt'
> command for each thread may diagnose more detail.

I decided to simply look at assembly at the point shown in ProcessHacker
stack trace (cygwin1.dll!feinitialise+0x5ecab) to avoid disturbing the
process by gdb. And it's clear that the hang is in
fhandler_pty_slave::reset_switch_to_pcon() at [1]. I've checked that
there were some changes in that function since 3.3.4. Could they fix
this deadlock?

[1]
https://cygwin.com/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=blob;f=winsup/cygwin/fhandler_tty.cc;h=7bef6958c106c5e78cc90e014081022fd3a205bc;hb=cygwin-3_3_4-release

Thanks,