Possible xpdf packaging error?

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Thu Apr 7 14:28:16 GMT 2022

Dear Cygwin-ers --

Today I had use for pdftotext.  It man page is installed, but the program
itself is missing.  On Ubuntu (etc.) it is part of the xpdf package, the
Cygwin version of which I have installed.  pdftotext.cc is in the source
package, but its executable is not present in the binary package.

So I am wondering if this is intentional (is pdftotext somewhere else?) or an
oversight.  The situation seems the same from at least the 4.01.01 release
onward to 4.03 (current) release.

I suppose I can try getting all the necessary dependencies and building from
source, if need be, but though this worth asking about.

Regards - Eliot Moss