Compiling gnu diction on Cygwin

Wed Apr 6 18:31:28 GMT 2022

On 2022-04-06 08:59, Keith Christian wrote:
> Brian, Csaba, I was able to complete the compile with your assistance.
> Brian: I'll experiment with your suggestions of:  #include <stdlib.h>
> and remove casts (should not normally be required or used in C) as
> well.
> Csaba:  Adding the -Wall -Wpedantic -Wextra fixed the issue, thanks.
> This will help a great deal as I pursue troubleshooting failed C compiles.

The easiest way to build is using cygport - you need to provide only the
minimum necessary definitions in your .cygport script, and run:

	$ cygport *package*.cygport get prep

to download and patch sources, and run:

	$ cygport *package*.cygport all

to compile, build, stage, and package for Cygwin.

To apply patches, edit sources under pkg-ver-rel.arch/src/...,
diff edited files against files under pkg-ver-rel.arch/origsrc/...
to generate each patch, and add to the PATCH_URI list in each cygport.
This allows you to reuse your patches on later releases, or submit them
upstream, so you do not need to apply them to later releases.