Incompatible clipboard format between 32bit and 64bit cygwin

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Tue Sep 28 17:11:37 GMT 2021

Hi Brian,

Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-09-27 22:49, Mark Geisert wrote:
>> The cygwin-internal clipboard format records a timestamp and content length when
>> Cygwin (or putclip) updates the clipboard contents.  This allows 'stat' and
>> fstat() to show something sensible for /dev/clipboard.  The latter feature went
>> into Cygwin 1.7.13.
>>
>> Other than that, not much difference to CF_UNICODETEXT ;-).
>
> Would it perhaps make sense to include struct stat with appropriate entries rather
> than a couple of adhoc members unrelated to much else?

I'm not planning to include struct stat.  If that much info was needed for the
original implementation back in 2012 it would have been added then.  I just
observe that 'stat' and fstat() can show something useful with the feature.  I
don't recall what other package or program had the requirement for the feature.
Cheers,

..mark