How to convert Android contacts2.db to a Vcard .vcf file?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Sep 28 08:51:58 GMT 2021

Greetings, Fergus Daly!

> To try to do this I have followed the hints at
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKX6R0-EPC4
> and therefore
> 1. installed sqlite and libsqlite-dev
> 2. Downloaded dump-contacts2db.sh from
> https://github.com/stachre/dump-contacts2db/
> 3. FAILED to turn this script into an executable using chmod +x
> and therefore
> 4. failed to achieve the one-line command
>     $ dump-contacts2db.sh contacts2.db > contacts.vcf
> Can anybody help with item 3 or offer an entirely different / better /
> easier method to achieve the conversion?

If that's a usual SQLite3 database file, get any given SQLite3 database
browser (SQLiteMan f.e.) and play with it as much as you'd need.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...