[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils 1.4.16-7

Westcoast Human completely.and.totally.trash@gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 00:46:16 GMT 2021

I'm just going to jump in here and report what I think is an issue I
am having with 'putclip.'

For years I've been using a Windows shortcut to execute a simple
filter function. It has recently stopped working. This is the 'target'
entry for the shortcut:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "c:\cygwin64\bin\getclip.exe |
c:\cygwin64\bin\tr.exe -s '\012\015' ' ' |
c:\cygwin64\bin\putclip.exe"

This now wedges and is not interruptible with Ctrl-C, but closing the
CMD window kills everything. Task Manager shows that putclip is
apparently stuck in a loop waiting for something to happen as the
counts in "I/O Other" and "I/O Other bytes" keep increasing at a
regular rate (should a timeout error be incorporated, perhaps?)

I can use Task Manager to generate a Windows dump file, if that helps.

I have extensive embedded systems programming experience, but know
next to nothing about the internals of Windows or Cygwin.

Windows 10.