Previously-functional gawk script now failing to execute - PLEASE HELP!!!

Bryan VanSchouwen vanschbm2@gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:11:05 GMT 2021

Hello.

I just tried executing an old, previously-functional awk script using a
version of gawk that I had downloaded last year, and a command of the
following format (as recommended in a previous communication with the
Cygwin mailing list):
gawk -vRS="\r\n" -f data_collect_e_-_FF_4-state.awk
but this time, the script failed to execute!!

Upon closer examination, the script appears to be failing after
successfully reading the first line of data from the input data file, even
though the input file has NOT been modified since it was last used.  (I
should point out that while the files were copied over from my old
computer, another awk script execution that I had attempted recently with
older files worked fine!)

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THIS SOFTWARE?!