cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Sat Sep 4 16:45:48 GMT 2021

On 2021-09-03 14:59, Chris Roehrig wrote:
> On Fri Sep 3 2021, at 12:55 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> I did some more tests and it still doesn't completely work:
>>> 	procps -ef		# works
>>> 	procps -eo user,stime,tty,time,args	# works
>>> 	procps -eo pid  # fails with that same mmap() error
>>> I also rebuilt it all using cygport and it gives the same error
>>> (pscommand.exe with no args).

>> Since you're building Cygwin by yourself anyway, can you do me a
>> favor and try this:
>> $ git revert 2f05de4dbf9c
>> and see if that fixes your issue?

> I got procps working I think (both with and without the revert). I
> think the problem might just be that I wasn't also copying the
> rebuilt /bin/cygprocps-8.dll to match the /bin/procps.exe. There's
> some tricky renaming that make install does, so I did 'make install
> DESTDIR=/tmp/install' and copied just those two files. I'm guessing
> it would all work on a properly fully installed build.

If you are building packages in the same way as scallywag with:

	$ cygport PKG.cygport download all check

then to install all binary packages for dogfooding:

$ for tar in PKG-VER-1.ARCH/dist/PKG/**/*PKG*-VER.tar.*z*
   do
	tar -x -C / -f $tar	# * -C / installs usr/... under /usr/
   done

for example, I just did:

$ for tar in \
	dash-0.5.11.5-1.x86_64/dist/dash/**/*dash*-0.5.11.5-1.tar.*z*
   do
	tar -x -C / -f $tar
   done