cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Chris Roehrig croehrig@house.org
Thu Sep 2 19:03:51 GMT 2021

On Thu Sep 2 2021, at 8:25 AM, Ken Brown via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 9/1/2021 5:11 PM, Chris Roehrig wrote:
>> I rebuild procps 3.3.17.29-2480 from source and it appears to work, so maybe the stock procps package is incompatible with the current master branch.
>
> Maybe, but it could also be a Cygwin bug.  I'll do a bisection of the Cygwin sources to see if I can track it down.

I did some more tests and it still doesn't completely work:
	procps -ef		# works
	procps -eo user,stime,tty,time,args	# works
	procps -eo pid  # fails with that same mmap() error

I also rebuilt it all using cygport and it gives the same error (pscommand.exe with no args).

> P.S.  The custom on this list is not to top-post.  Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was an etiquette.    Fixed.

-- Chris