[HEADSUP] Phasing out old Windows versions and 32 bit support

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Wed Oct 27 04:29:48 GMT 2021

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 06:52:02PM -0400, Michel LaBarre wrote:

Greetings, Michel & Corinna,

> Corinna , thank you for the heads up regarding subsequent updates wrt Window
> 7.
>
> Would it be possible to create a short "how-to" for installing the most
> recently "known-to-work-with-Windows-7" version of Cygwin (presuming that
> old versions remain accessible indefinitely...).  Alternately, how one can
> download a repository now that is compatible with Windows 7 and useable for
> installing Cygwin in anticipation of the upcoming loss of support.

As these milestones occur I will make notes in the Cygwin Time Machine
concerning the ending release snapshot and installers, like what I have
for the last XP release.

Corinna, I presume you will post when these milestones occur so that we
have a more exact message in the Cygwin mail archive?

> I have old machines that cannot be updated to Windows 10 (hybrid graphics
> hardware) that I use for background activities that I may someday need to
> rebuild.
>
> Thank you very much for all your efforts.
>
> Michel

--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com