emacs 28.0.60-1.f7e6c199bf (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Oct 24 20:13:46 GMT 2021

On 10/18/2021 3:15 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> Here is a macro I use quite frequently, with a line like this:
>
> # New Exception Call:       PD0TEST/J
>
> The macro consists of:
>
> - CTRL-A
> - set mark
> - CTRL-F until you get to the start of the field after Call:
> - CTRL-W to delete the selected text
> - CTRL-N to go to the start of the next line
>
> After the macro is defined, there is a pause the next (first) time it's
> used (C-x C-e).  It's speedy after that.

You mean 'C-x e', not 'C-x C-e', right?

I just inserted several lines like

# New Exception Call:       PD0TEST/J

into the *scratch* buffer and defined your keyboard macro.  I didn't notice any
delay the first time I ran it.  Might there be some other conditions necessary
to reproduce the problem?  Is the mode of the buffer relevant?  Can you
reproduce the problem starting from 'emacs -Q'?

Ken