Apache Fork Errors - Found on Windows Server 2019

Sun Oct 17 16:40:34 GMT 2021

On 2021-10-17 09:54, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
> On 10/16/2021 9:49 PM, OwN-3m-All via Cygwin wrote:
>> Hopefully I can strace at some point soon and get back to you with the
>> results.
>>
>> I have multiple confirmed reports from other people that this no longer
>> works though.  And again, I tried it on three different fresh installs of
>> different Windows operating systems (with no bloatware or BLODA), and all
>> of them had the same issue.
>
> I have one other thought.  There was a recent packaging change in
> harfbuzz and freetype2 that introduced a circular dependency between the
> two:
>
>    https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-September/249316.html
>    https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-September/249317.html
>
> Since those are the two DLLs that are causing a problem for you, maybe
> that circular dependency doesn't work well on Cygwin for some reason.
> Please try downgrading to the previous versions of harfbuzz and
> freetype2 and see if that fixes the problem.

Is /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash rebase completing
successfully after the new installs?

Maybe check and/or attach the cygwin install log /var/log/setup.log.full
for dependency, install, or postinstall errors, and run

	$ rebase -is > /var/log/rebase-is.log

on one of those systems and attach the log.

Is there a patch, update, or GP enabling ASLR on all processes?