GNU Emacs 28.0.50 crash (emacs-w32)

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 7 14:16:01 GMT 2021

> Could this be the following problem that I mentioned in the release announcement?
>
> > Compilation is done asynchronously, with a log in a buffer called
> > *Async-native-compile-log*.  If you run emacs-w32 and exit while a
> > compilation is in progress, you might see a dialog box saying that
> > emacs has aborted and asking if you want to attach a debugger.  Just
> > say No.  If this annoys you, check the compilation buffer before
> > exiting, and wait for the "Compilation finished" message.
>
> I'll add one more thing that I didn't know when I wrote that: You can customize
> the variable native-comp-async-query-on-exit if you want to be warned that there
> are compilations in process when you exit.

Sure, that could be the problem.  I'll try the workaround.

I do notice that there are separate compilation directories for emacs
and emacs-w32.  Is this necessary?

[JJR:/cygdrive/e/] $ new ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/
total 28
drwxrwx---+ 1 jjrei jjrei 0 Oct  3 15:44 28.0.50-eb740d6f
drwxrwx---+ 1 jjrei jjrei 0 Oct  6 08:17 28.0.50-891fd08c

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us