[ANNOUNCEMENT] emacs 28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Oct 1 17:04:34 GMT 2021

On 10/1/2021 12:51 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>>>    "Error: (file-missing "Searching for program" "No such file or director" "git")
>>
>> Still shows up at work, when I use "emacs -Q".  I'll see if I can try
>> to figure out what's going on.
>
> I wiped out all my elisp files but still got the error.  I assume this
> is what "-Q" is supposed to do.

-Q ignores your init file as well as the site-wide init file (if there is one)
as well as X resources.  Wiping out your elisp files doesn't necessarily do all
that.

> Installing "git" from the Cygwin repository seems to fix this problem.
>    So I suggest uninstalling "git" and see if you can figure out where
> the message is actually coming from.  It doesn't appear to be coming
> from anything in my environment.  I must have "git" installed at home,
> which is why I don't see the message there.

I already tried moving my git executable out of the way, and I couldn't
reproduce the problem.  Do you see the message at home if you do the same?

Ken