[ANNOUNCEMENT] emacs 28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Oct 1 13:43:57 GMT 2021

On 9/28/2021 12:20 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution
> as test releases:
>
> * emacs-28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20
> * emacs-common-28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20
> * emacs-X11-28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20
> * emacs-w32-28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20
> * emacs-lucid-28.0.50-1.6bec21243d20

Jim Reisert in private mail reports that he gets the following error on startup:

  "Error: (file-missing "Searching for program" "No such file or director" "git")

He also gets this error every time he executes find-file (C-x C-f).  Can anyone
else reproduce this?  I tried removing git and starting emacs, but I don't see
the error.

Jim, do you still see the error if you start emacs with 'emacs -Q'?  If not,
something in your startup files must be triggering the error.  Even if you don't
call git directly, something that you do call might be calling git.  Can you
give a minimal recipe for reproducing the problem?

Ken