Remmina: error while loading shared libraries: cygssh_threads-4.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Nov 28 21:58:21 GMT 2021

On 11/28/2021 3:50 PM, Verachten Bruno via Cygwin wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I installed Remmina tonight, and got this error when launching it:
> "error while loading shared libraries: cygssh_threads-4.dll: cannot

That DLL used to be provided by the libssh4 package, but it's not in the latest
version due to upstream changes.  As a workaround, you could try reverting to
libssh4-0.7.5-1, but I don't know if that will break something else.

The real solution is probably to rebuild remmina using the current versions of
the development packages.  Unfortunately, remmina is orphaned, so someone would
have to adopt it or do a non-maintainer upload.

Ken