[QUAR] awsv2 cli

matthew patton pattonme@yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 15:43:47 GMT 2021

I use the Windows version but had to write a wrapper since AWS CLI doesn't understand cygwin style paths in environment variables (not new).
https://github.com/tb3088/shell-environment/blob/master/.functions_aws#L14
    On Friday, November 26, 2021, 10:34:26 AM EST, Eliot Moss <moss@cs.umass.edu> wrote:

 On 11/26/2021 10:12 AM, Cary Lewis via Cygwin wrote:
> Is there a way to install and run v2 of the aws cli under cygwin?

I don't think so.  Glancing at what's in their .zip file, there are
a bunch .so files, etc.  In other words, they provide a binary distribution.
To have hope of building and running under Cygwin, one need source code
that can be compiled in Cygwin.

I suggest you go for the Windows version or try installing within
the Windows Subsystem for Linux.  The install succeeded for me in
WSL.

Regards - Eliot Moss

--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html