Bitdefender detecting a file from cygwin as a trojan

Tyme LaDow tynotanime@gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 19:32:44 GMT 2021

Hey,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro v. 10.0.19042 build 19042 and I installed cygwin
at least a year ago and haven't touched it since June 2020.  Today,
November 25th, 2021, I got a notification from Bitdefender that it had
detected a trojan and quarantined it.  The threat notification says "Item
was blocked. Threat name: Trojan.GenericKDZ.80660. Path:
C:\cygwin64\bin\dumper.exe."

Searching online gave results from 2014, 2015, and 2018, but nothing within
the timeframe of when I last installed/updated. Is this a false positive,
and is it safe to have Bitdefender restore the file and exclude it?