[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cpuid 20211114
Sat Nov 20 23:16:43 GMT 2021
The following package has been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* cpuid 20211114
The program displays detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from
the CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
Whereas /proc/cpuinfo is like an abstract of the features important to
Linux in a system, cpuid is a standalone utility which writes a paper
expounding on every feature in each CPU's architecture and what it can
do, at about the one line per bit level.
It is updated and released frequently and appears current with Intel and
AMD information and supports other vendors' chips.
See the project home page for more information:
For information about changes since the previous Cygwin release,
see below or /usr/share/doc/cpuid/ChangeLog after installation.
* Updated (uarch synth) for Bergamo to say "Zen 4c".
* Added (synth) decoding for Pentium Gold G5420 (0,6),(9,14),10, based
on a sample from Andrey Rahmatullin. Previously, I knew only of
variants with stepping 11.
* Renamed Golden Cove & derivatives physical properties to use new Intel
7 branding. Likewise for the preliminary Redwood Cove & Granite Rapids
and Intel 4.
* Added (synth) decoding for AMD Storm Peak, Lucienne A1 stepping, Van
Gogh, Mero, Mendocino, Chagall, Badami, Rembrandt, Genoa, Raphael,
* Added (synth) decoding for Intel (0,6),(10,8), (0,6),(10,10),
(0,6),(10,12), (0,6),(10,13), (0,6),(9,15).
* Added Cougar Mountain name to Intel Puma 7.
* Added Microsoft hypervisor+3/edx, hypervisor+7/eax, hypervisor+7/ecx,
hypervisor+0xa/eax new fields.
* Updated (synth) decoding for Alder Lake-S to include Core variants.
* Added (synth) and (uarch) decoding for VIA/Centaur CHA (CNS).
* Added 7/1/eax AMX tile support, from Linux kernel.
More information about the Cygwin