ssmtp-config fails on step 6

Doug Henderson djndnbvg@gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 23:54:42 GMT 2021

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 11:00, Kevin Andrew Lipscomb via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> ssmtp-config fails silently on step 6 at the first call to /usr/sbin/alternatives.
>
> I isolated the alternatives command, added the --verbose switch to it, and ran the result from a bash shell that was launched as Administrator.  The command fails immediately after emitting:
>
>    reading /var/lib/alternatives/mta
>
> I am also reporting this as a bug in alternatives at bugzilla.redhat.com.
> --
> -- Kevin

Please reply quoting the complete failing command line and output from
"uname -a".

Also please post the bug number or a link to the bug on bugzilla.redhat.com.

Note that alternatives must be run from an elevated cygwin window to
add or change the alternatives.configuration.

Doug - current cygwin alternatives maintainer

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com