Cygwin 3.3.0 regression: "make" segmentation faults

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Nov 18 15:46:10 GMT 2021

On 15/11/2021 16:47, Aleksey Shipilev via Cygwin wrote:
[...]
> After installing make-devel and doing "ulimit -c unlimited", I have got
> this stackdump:

For no particularly good reason, writing a core dump is not hooked up to
the core file size limit.

> Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at rip=0018017516C
[...]
> It does not look particularly useful to me, I was hoping for symbol

Indeed

> names to be resolved, to be honest. I don't know what I am supposed to
> do next. There is no "core" around, as far as I can see...

You can use 'export CYGWIN="error_start=dumper"' to get a coredump
written on fatal signal.

Or if you're just going to load that into gdb, save steps with 'export
CYGWIN="error_start=gdb"'