terminfo packaging glitch?

Thu Nov 18 13:33:56 GMT 2021

On 2021-11-18 00:53, Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:
> Does this:
> $ ls  /usr/share/terminfo/terminfo
> lrwxrwxrwx  /usr/share/terminfo/terminfo -> /usr/share/terminfo/
> serve a purpose, or supply a workaround .. or .. is it a packaging glitch?
> (Only in Cygwin64, not Cygwin32.)

Do you have the current versions 6.1-1.20190727 of terminfo/-extra (and
other Cygwin packages) installed?

I can't find anything anywhere on my system or the web suggesting a
source for that. Something you or some script did on your system?

How did you find the links in your 2014 "Missing links" post: from
cygcheck -c|-s? What were the associated packages?

	https://cygwin.com/legacy-ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00289.html